Little One

Posted in Showcase by

K, this is why I so love connecting on Instagram with you, cherished Active Mom reader. Can you believe how heartwarmingly sweet this photo is? Our Mama reports that this is a regular occurrence and that these two are fast friends, together all the time. Could it be any more dear? Mom says this photo is:

Our little one and her furry sibling.  These two are quite inseparable. I think it has something to do with the trail of snacks she leaves everywhere, but regardless, they have quite a friendship! 🙂

You can read more of what Mom Linsday writes over on the Scottsdale Moms Blog where she is a regular contributor.

To connect with us on Instagram, follow @activemomsblog.

Previous Post Next Post

32 Comments

• Reply Alexa

Our boys love taking our dog for walks and to the dog park! It helps keep our family active and helps teach them about responsibility and caring for animals.

September 8, 2016 at 7:10 pm
    • Reply LaVonne Retay

My kid loves to throw the ball with my aunt’s dog, and feed her bones throughout the whole day, even though my aunt may not be keen on the bones every hour…hehe

September 14, 2016 at 8:32 pm
  • Reply Patty Diamond

So sweet! I miss having a pet.

September 8, 2016 at 7:13 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Me too.

September 8, 2016 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Melissa

Such an awesome picture! Our daughter reads to our dog all the time-it is the best way to get her to read!!!

September 8, 2016 at 7:27 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

That is so wonderful! Love it! If you ever get a good photo or video of your daughter reading to your dog – I would heart to see! Send to me at katrina@activemoms.com.

September 8, 2016 at 10:12 pm
  • Reply Autumn Kennedy

I told my kiddos that we can’t get a pet until everyone is potty trained.

September 8, 2016 at 7:56 pm
  • Reply Krista Z

My son enjoys carrying food form the dog dish to wherever the dog is laying and giving him kibble one piece at a time.

September 8, 2016 at 8:28 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

That is so sweet! Love it! If you ever get a good photo or video your son caring for your dog – email it to me katrina@activemoms.com – would love to see!

September 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm
  • Reply Briseida

We have a boxer and pug. They are both very active and both of my kiddos love to play tag with them. They love it!!

September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

My son is in love with Pugs! I will have to tell him – he will be so happy. Would love to see a photo or video of them playing tag – adorbs! Are we connected on IG?

September 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
  • Reply Serapia

I have my dog Malibu shes 10 years old and my grand kids love cuddling with her. She isn’t as active.

September 8, 2016 at 8:42 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Awww, that is so sweet. Love it. Those are the kind of wonderful memories that kids look back on their whole lives, cuddling with a sweet pup at Grandmother’s house. So wonderful.

September 8, 2016 at 9:58 pm
  • Reply Kelly R

We too love our shadows… I mean cats. 🙂 It’s hard to do anything without them being involved, really! Truly they are a part of our family.

September 8, 2016 at 9:29 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Awww, love it. Hope to see some cutie pictures – are we connected on IG?

September 8, 2016 at 9:43 pm
  • Reply Lauren

My puppy loves to cuddle with my 3 month old son on his play mat. It os the cutest thing ever. Pets and kids are awesome to see together!!

September 8, 2016 at 10:25 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Awwww, that is so sweet. I would love to see that if you get a nice photo you can email it to me katrina@activemoms.com. Agreed! Pets and kids are awesome to see together!

September 9, 2016 at 4:39 am
  • Reply Tara Ramirez

My girl and her pup are attached at the hip! She loves to chase Merry and throw her ball for her but her favorite activity to do with Merry is give her a treat! I think that is Merry’s favorite too!

September 8, 2016 at 11:37 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

K that is adorable! Would love to see photos or videos if you ever get a sweet one of your girl throwing the ball for Merry email it to me at katrina@activemoms.com So enjoy seeing these great photos by Moms!

September 9, 2016 at 4:37 am
  • Reply Jodee

That is so dear! It reminds me of my own dog I grew up with. My kids don’t have a pet, but they love animals. They enjoy going on walks with me so they can greet the neighbors’ pets.

September 9, 2016 at 3:53 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Same here! And when we are driving we have a “Cute dog alert!” we call out whenever we see a sweet pup on a walk with its owner.

September 9, 2016 at 4:35 am
  • Reply Felicia

We recently lost two of our doggies, so we now have one. It is so hard to let them go, but now our little one has gotten old enough to help & closer with our only pet. She loves to feed her, go for walks and give her check ups like Doc McStuffins does.

September 9, 2016 at 6:06 am
  • Reply Randee Beimer

We have a 10 yo hyper jack Russel. She doesn’t like to do much so we take her on lots of walks.

September 9, 2016 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply Lisa N.

Our black Lab died almost 18 months ago. We had him before kids, so all 3 of our kids knew him from birth. I never realized how much they loved him until the day we had to say goodbye. My son keeps a picture of the moment right by his bed.

September 9, 2016 at 2:09 pm
  • Reply Krystal Booher

We LOVE animals! We have 3 cats right now. We got one as a kitten when my first son was 3 months old. We named him Linus (after the Charlie Brown character that takes his blanket everywhere) because he follows him everywhere, still to this day!

September 9, 2016 at 4:04 pm
  • Reply Keisha

So sweet. The dog looks like it’s about to fall asleep. Keep reading, little princess!

September 11, 2016 at 7:18 pm
  • Reply Mary n

We have 2 rescue pups, 1 rescue turtle. My dogs sleep with my kids, and are very protective of them. My oldest had some issues reading out loud, si would read to our older dog. It gave him so much confidence!

September 12, 2016 at 7:43 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

That is so wonderful to hear – especially about the gaining confidence by reading out loud to your dog! Sounds like your house is wonderful place to be! If you are on Instagram, @activemomsblog us in your photos so we can see all your amazing rescue pets – we would love that!

September 12, 2016 at 8:44 pm
  • Reply Pam Morris

That is a great picture!

September 12, 2016 at 7:44 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Thank you so much! The sweet Mom who captured this moment was gracious enough to share it with us and we are so glad. We agree, great picture! So heartwarming.

September 12, 2016 at 8:42 pm
  • Reply Danielle R.

They love to go outside and play with our dogs. They also like to observe our tank animals and hold our guinea pig. Animals are loved at this house.

September 13, 2016 at 1:20 am
  • Reply Amanda Tingle

We raise chickens and barn cats. So my 18 month old daughter loves to carry the cats and play in the yard with the chickens.

September 19, 2016 at 9:12 pm