Maybe a Million Roses

Posted in Where To by

All the information you need to plan your visit to the Rose Garden is here.

Previous Post Next Post

37 Comments

• Reply Johnnea

I love this garden! So do my girls!

January 15, 2017 at 7:43 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Aww, so happy to hear it! We couldn’t believe how we could smell the roses right when we got out of the car! So fun to wander around. Next time we are going to bring pencil and paper for the “Leave a nice note” box 🙂

January 15, 2017 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Alexa H.

My boys love anything that has to do with the outdoors. Plus, this would be a great spot for some pictures with beautiful scenery that I can capture with my kiddos!

January 15, 2017 at 9:39 pm
  • Reply Katie M.

This looks like a lovely place.

January 15, 2017 at 11:55 pm
  • Reply Jodee

That’s a fun place for a Valentine photo shoot…hmmm. 🙂

January 15, 2017 at 11:57 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

What a great idea! And it is such a fun place to explore – it is huge! And there are sculptures throughout – some with historical significance, some just for fun. When you go, remember to bring paper and a pencil so you can leave a nice note in the “Leave a nice note” box attached to one of the entrance arches 🙂

January 16, 2017 at 4:13 am
  • Reply Cheryl Mercado

My kids love the outdoors and it’s a great place for photos.

January 16, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Agreed! Great place for photos! Also great place for a picnic lunch 🙂

January 16, 2017 at 9:49 pm
  • Reply Valerie

I didn’t know they had something like this in Arizona! We have visited the Oregon Rose Gardens in Portland, Oregon and they are beautiful. We’ve lived in AZ for 14 years and have never seen anything like this here. Can’t wait to see it!

January 16, 2017 at 9:43 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

That makes me so happy! I am so excited when Moms and families learn of somewhere new and interesting and fun to go! Tag us in your photos when you go – we’d love to see! We are @activemomsblog on IG and @activemoms everywhere else!

January 16, 2017 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply briseida

We would always come here on our lunch. I worked across the street. Love it!

January 18, 2017 at 10:10 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Awww, that is awesome. What a perfect place to escape work and have a nice outdoor lunch. Now you can go with the kids, right?

January 19, 2017 at 7:52 pm
  • Reply Sarah Gillespie

We used to live right around the corner from MCC, I would often see the flower garden as I drove past but I had no idea it was so intricate and beautiful! Definitely looks worth venturing out to Mesa for, plus there’s a target right there and there’s never not a good time to go to Target.

January 19, 2017 at 5:04 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

I love the way you think! Yes outdoor adventure + trip to Target = perfect winter day! You can bring a picnic lunch, check out all the roses (you can’t believe how many!) and see some cool sculptures too. There is a box under one of the arches that says “Donations or nice notes.” Next time we are bringing paper and pencil to leave a nice note for sure! Tag us in your photos when you go! We are @activemomsblog on IG and @activemoms everywhere else.

January 19, 2017 at 7:51 pm
  • Reply Maureen

It would be awesome to check it out, thank you…

January 19, 2017 at 7:55 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Aw, you are so welcome! It is such a lovely spot. Perfect for a picnic and for photos too!

January 19, 2017 at 7:49 pm
  • Reply HollyA

AZ is such a great place to grow roses.

January 20, 2017 at 4:39 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Agreed! My parents planted rose bushes more than 40 years ago that are now 6 and 7 feet tall! One of the benefits of our climate for sure!

January 20, 2017 at 4:46 am
  • Reply Catherine S.

Since I cant grow my own, I come here.

January 23, 2017 at 7:34 pm
  • Reply Lisa N.

I never knew there were so many roses there! I bet my daughters would love to check it out!

January 23, 2017 at 8:55 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

I would bet you would have a wonderful time! You can smell the roses from the parking lot! And the gardens go on and on and on! There is lots of public art throughout the gardens and at one of the gates you can leave “A donation or a nice note,” in a little metal box. We are coming prepared next time to leave a nice note!

January 23, 2017 at 9:04 pm
  • Reply Lauren

I will have to check this out.

January 23, 2017 at 11:11 pm
  • Reply Alexandra Ashley

I have to go!!! Always looking for fun spots to take my kids 🙂 Thank you

January 24, 2017 at 1:36 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Yes! You have to go! There are SO many roses you can’t believe it. And cool public art along the way. Bring a pencil and paper – there is a special box to “Donate or leave a nice note.” We are going to leave a nice note next time 🙂

January 24, 2017 at 2:08 am
  • Reply Amber Kennady White

I had no idea! Another place for my toddler and I to check our, thank you!

January 24, 2017 at 10:26 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

You are so welcome! The Rose Garden really is a treasure! Right when you get out of your car in the parking lot, you can smell the roses! Lots of pathways and benches. There is a place for you to leave a “nice note” if you like 🙂 It is on one of the “Rose Garden” sign/arches that are at the entrances to the garden.

January 25, 2017 at 3:07 am
  • Reply rachael debates

so beautiful!

January 26, 2017 at 3:50 am
  • Reply Yesenia G Godoy

Never seen this place. Would be awesome to explore it. Thank You

January 26, 2017 at 11:23 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

You are so welcome! It really is a treasure and you won’t believe how BIG it is! Long winding sidewalks take you through and there are lots of sculptures. There is a place at one of the entrance arches for you to leave “Donations or nice notes.” Next time we are bringing paper and pencil to leave a nice note!

January 26, 2017 at 6:37 pm
  • Reply Heather M

MCC has a lot of hidden gems, we recently visited their planetarium with our homeschool group. I never knew it was there!

January 26, 2017 at 11:04 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

How was the planetarium? We have been to several Astronomy Nights there and looked at the moon through a HUGE telescope! It was beyond amazing. The teachers were so helpful to the children. It was really a wonderful experience. I am going to get in touch with MCC and start posting the Astronomy Nights again – they don’t run year round so I will get the schedule – they are totally worth it! And free!

January 27, 2017 at 5:39 am
  • Reply Margo

Didn’t know this existed! I’d love to take my kids

January 28, 2017 at 8:42 pm
  • Reply KRISTINE

My daughter would love this place!

January 29, 2017 at 6:26 pm
  • Reply Lacy Nolting

This looks so neat!

January 29, 2017 at 11:03 pm
  • Reply Jessica L.

I wish it weren’t so far away!

January 30, 2017 at 8:13 am
  • Reply Tia

This looks so cool!

January 30, 2017 at 2:39 pm
  • Reply Michelle

We will have to check it out

January 30, 2017 at 8:17 pm